Monday, March 2, 2009

Re-Cap

These past two weeks have been great/busy/crazy/fun. The new job is keeping me on my toes; however, I feel better about this job than I did at the previous one. I'm happier, and even though I'm still learning and not yet comfortable, I am so excited about the possibilities. I'm lucky enough to have the opportunity to work with people who are excited about their jobs and who are very talented and intelligent. I'm also lucky enough to work in an area where people are so warm and welcoming. I miss the comforts of home and have yet to unpack all of my boxes (shame on me); but, I feel like I'm spreading my wings a bit more. I still visit my sister in Houston a lot and this weekend will actually be my first weekend to stay in town. It is a much needed weekend considering I will not be able to socialize in my new surroundings if I'm never in them. I've been trying to find a volunteer organization to join to potentially meet new people with similar interests and to do something good. I looooove animals (obviously, right?! haha) so I really wanted to find an animal rights organization but I'm just not finding much.

In the past couple of weeks I've also had the opportunity to take pictures with my new camera for a friend's wedding. I've only had time to edit a few and here is what I've come up with.


She truly was a glowing bride!

Shadowy profile

Her gorgeous new niece! Isn't she just a doll?!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you are liking your new job and are settling in well! :) I've been wondering how you've been and thinking about you lately. Moving away from the familiar is not easy (I can't imagine!) but with your personality, I'm sure you have been well received in your new community and workplace. About that bride - she's so pretty and as you said, has a beautiful glow! Hope the wedding was lovely~

    Take care,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete