Monday, January 26, 2009

Changes

There will be some major changes in my life in the next two weeks! I've just become settled in Houston, living in a comfy house with my sister and our two dogs. I have a very secure job with opportunities for advancement. I have friends that I love to be around and I've got a long list of things I've wanted to do since I moved here last June; however, it is all about to change. I've been offered (and accepted) what could be a "dream job" with an amazing potential for a big pay off. Here's the catch, I have to pack up and move to Tyler, TX. Not only leaving my comfort zone, but also a secure job, and my family/friends after just getting settled. I just don't want to live too cautiously and miss an opportunity that could be once in a lifetime. Because I've got the most amazing family and a boat load of great friends, I've had the support I need to make this reality. It still seems so surreal. I've never lived alone and that scares me. And I know it sounds silly, but I'm going to have to work really long hours on some days. That means I would be leaving my more poor little dog alone. There's so many things that make this scary and a huge risk, but sometimes the biggest rewards are from the biggest risks. I know I'm a hard worker and that I am very ambitious. I also just have to rely on my faith to pull me through the hard times. I know there will be days that I will just want to crumble but I'm strong enough to perservere.

But, on the bright side...I get to decorate my very own place!!! I've always either lived with my sister or roommates who have brought there tastes and decor and finally it is my turn! My sister and I have similar tastes but I'm a little more experimental and bold.

So, here is to new starts and praying for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment