Monday, September 21, 2009

Weekend festivities

Whew! I've had an amazing weekend! First, my sister came down on Thursday night and my wonderful hubby decided to make us salmon and whole-wheat spaghetti! What a sweetheart :)

Then on Friday my sister and I went to the most amazing concert ever-BRITNEY!! Okay, I might be a little biased...I love Britney! But, I will say, it was so entertaining and so much fun to be in the crowd-just like a little kid giddy at the circus, which I assume that's what they were going for. I love going to concerts but I usually go to the run-of-the-mill Texas country concert. I love Texas country; however, the experience was completely different. We were lucky enough to have really great seat about 3 rows back from the floor! The first part of her performance was actual circus performers-like a contortionist (not sure if that is spelled correctly), two men balancing a beam on their shoulders and then throwing a lady in the air while she was doing flips. It was very impressive. But then, she came on and her whole set was just unbelievable-great dancers, interesting sets, fun costumes, and they even had a large screen that would come down from the ceiling that they played videos on. It was really spectacular! At the end of the show they had a confetti shower...ahh, what more could I have asked for?!!?
Although, the only things that made me a little nervous was the music was sooo loud and the bass was really intense. I was just anxious that it would hurt my little Pason. But, I'm pretty sure it's okay. It's not like it is a daily occurence and it wasn't more than a couple of hours.

On Saturday, my sister and I ran errands for a little while and then worked on the house. I'm so glad she came down. She's very good at organization. I love to decorate but when it comes to organizing I'm not the greatest. So, now our house looks and functions much better..thanks Courtnie! :) That night we had over Derek and Jenny and had a nice BBQ with our new grill! It was a lot of fun-besides the fact we had to watch Tech play. My husband is from Tech and is a crazy fan and this only poses a problem because I'm from A&M and 100% Aggie! This doesn't make the greatest combination if anyone knows much about Texas college football. So football season around our house should be interesting hahah...but we really did have a great time!

On Sunday, my hubby and I woke up and decided to go take a hike at the Tyler state park. It was beautiful but my allergies were going nuts! We walked about 2.5 miles and I took lots of pictures with my camera. I love being outdoors and taking pictures so this was a welcomed trip for both of us! We will be making many more visits now that we know how much there is out there! Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment